Denim is a key staple in your wardrobe, and sometimes really difficult to find the perfect pair for you… that’s where the DR team are here to help! Watch the video where Deryane walks you through the brands, the key points to look out for when buying denim for your body shape and how to care for your jeans so they last a very long time!
CURVY / HOUR GLASS
If you are curvy around the thighs and bottom then a mid or high rise is often a great option. This will ensure that you don’t end up exposing more than you would like!
LEGGY / TALL
For the lucky ladies that have super long legs we have some stacked skinny styles with a 34 inch inseam, giving that supermodel finish. Don’t feel that you have to have jeans super long, the trend is to roll them at the ankle to show off your shoes or ankle boots.
Petite figures can go for high waisted jeans to create the illusion of a longer leg, especially the Le High Skinny styles from Frame Denim who usually have a 29 inch in seam.
For a more boyish figure then I would steer towards jeans that are going to flatter your shape and give a lift to the bottom, Similar to the petite rules having a 29 inch works great to show off you ankles and brands like Paige Denim will give the illusion of a shapely figure, due to their impressive construction.
Now you have found your perfect fit, make sure you care for your jeans.
- Always wash them inside out on a cool wash
- Do not tumble dry or dry on the radiator – this will break the fibres and they will end up bagging out.
- Remember that dark denim will have some colour bleed the first few times that you wear them, so beware of light coloured fabrics!
- When pulling your jeans on, try to pull from the leg and not the belt loops – this will ensure they last longer.
- Remember – dont be put off if the style is too long – it can always be altered.